Mount Magnet Presbyterian Church
Update: Surendra and May and family have finished 5 years of service at Mt Magnet and have now moved to Victoria. We are currently looking for a new couple to take up this vital role. A team of helpful volunteers are keeping the work going.
The Mt Magnet Presbyterian Church meets each Sunday at 9.30am and is the only church and Sunday School for 200 km.
Large numbers of children are being drawn to the Sunday School, which has grown to 34 children, with almost 70% being Aboriginal.
Many of the children come from impoverished families and are surrounded by a range of challenges including substance abuse, mental health issues, and community dysfunction. Most are from non-churchgoing families and have little opportunity to hear the Gospel.
The Mt Magnet Presbyterian Church is a partnership between the Presbyterian Church of Western Australia, Australian Presbyterian World Mission and PIM. Together we raise the funds to keep this vital work going.
Thank you for your commitment through prayer and giving to help share the hope of the Gospel with more men, women and children in remote and isolated areas like Mt Magnet.
- The church currently has no pastor, please pray that the Lord will raise up the rigth couple to carry on this vital work.
- Please pray for the volunteers who are keeping the Church running at the moment.
- That more people in the town will come to know Jesus.
- For wisdom and grace as the church ministers to people from a range of cultural backgrounds
- That He will provide the resources needed to effectively minister to the growing number of children attending Sunday School